The FAST Swim School offers year-round lessons for infants, children, and adults. All FAST instructors are certified through SwimAmerica, the official lessons program of USA Swimming. The first priority of all classes is safety and, from this foundation, students learn mastery of all important swimming skills in an eight-step progression. Each of the eight levels has specific goals around which instructors build their classes.
Children ages four and over are placed in small group classes. Private and Semi-Private lessons are also available. Lessons are 30-minutes in duration. Classes are taught year-round at our indoor pool at the Fullerton Community Center (heated to 84 degrees) and seasonally at our outdoor pool at the Janet Evans Swim Complex at Independence Park in Fullerton (heated to 88 degrees).
Children under 4 are encouraged to begin in our Parent & Tot classes or Preschool lessons to develop comfort in the water. More information can be found above in the Infant & Toddler Classes tab. Our instructors are also highly qualified to work with adults, from those who fear the water to those looking to improve their swimming form or learn a new stroke. More information can be found above in the Adult Lessons tab.
Registration for Fall 2018 begins Monday, July 30th.
The session begins Tuesday, September 4th.
Forms will be available online for download prior to registration. We ask that you come to register with the form pre-filled out to expedite the process.
Things to Remember About Registration:
- Registration takes place in person at any of our offices only.
- Forms will only be accepted with full payment in cash, credit card, or check.
- For lessons, all forms must have three different day and time choices. This gives us room to find an available class that best matches your child's age and ability level
- Allow up to a week for your class time confirmation via email or phone call.
- Sibling registration forms are processed together, so that they may not have the same instructor, but will have the same class time.